"Nothing there can make me feel like a star the way my berry best friends do."
This melodic Berry Girl came to Berry Bitty City to get away from the stressful life of a pop star. Little did she know, she would come to love this little town and decide to stay. This musical diva is as sweet as her jams.
Cherry has fair skin with pale pink lips and amethyst eyes. Her long indigo-black hair is worn loose with a very small curled fringe, worn with a hot pink headband that has a pale pink flower sewn to the side and two cherries. When performing in Berry Big City, she normally had glittery pale indigo strands in her hair and a glittery magenta star on her cheek.
Casually, Cherry wears a magenta dress with purple dots on the skirt and split, light pink fabric over it. A purple band circles the chest with her flower-cherry ornament. She also wears purple striped leggings and magenta flats. When performing, she dons a top similar to her dress with purple pants and hot pink boots.
Later on during seasons 3 and 4, Cherry would some times wear her hair up in a ponytail. She also would casually wear a white top with a pink cherry drawing and hot pink collar to accent her pants, and sky blue sleeves. She also wore a pale pink tank-top with a violet skirt, purple leggings, and hot pink sneakers accent with pale blue and white, or a purple top with lilac accents, fuchsia shorts, and white and hot pink flats.
Cherry is fun-loving and playful, she enjoys having a good time with the other berry girls, especially when music can be involved. She is passionate and friendly, and appears to be naturally talented at various hobbies. Despite being spoiled by social media, she's berry sweet and remains humble despite how popular she is. She doesn't appear to miss her hectic lifestyle since moving to Berry Bitty City. She is calm and even-tempered, and fairly wise.
However, she struggles a little bit when it comes to openly expressing herself out of a desire not to hurt others feelings. She prefers honesty though, and will try her best. She can become temperamental when put under a lot of stress as well, such as during Dance Puppy Dance when she became annoyed while trying to work to the point that she began to call out her friends and reprimand them, then gave up music until she could she snapped out of it.
"When this mega-star singer came to town, she found that Strawberry Shortcake and her friends were just the besties she'd been looking for! And they discovered that she's an ordinary girl and a great friend -- not a diva at all! Cherry and Strawberry totally inspire each other creatively, so whether they're singing or chilling, they're always in perfect harmony."
As a pop star, Cherry is very talented musically. She knows everything when it comes to singing and playing instruments, and is smart enough to extend what she knows to teaching others how to play, inspiring her to become the official Music Teacher of Berry Bitty City.
She can often be found playing her guitar and at a given notice can pull out a song or musical piece if needed, usually to calm down a tense moment. She also writes her own songs and music.
- Strawberry: Cherry's best friend. Strawberry was the one to convince her to give the other girls a chance and they have since formed a close bond. They can be found partnered together or performing music together.
- Orange: Orange and Cherry are rarely seen together by themselves. But when they are, they support one another in their endeavors.
- Raspberry: Cherry feels Raspberry is very talented in both outfit designing and music playing. Cherry worried over her when it seemed Raspberry would be leaving for Berry Big City, but when Raspberry realized Cherry's concern and how much she would miss her friends, she remains there with them. This allowed the duo to develop a good friendship.
- Blueberry: Cherry taught Blueberry how to play the clarinet, and naturally Blueberry admires her. But during Season 3 she began to worry Cherry stole Huckleberry from her and attempted to copy her to win him back until learning the truth behind their sudden friendship. Since then she has began trusting Cherry and gained a bond with her.
- Lemon: Cherry feels that Lemon is a good friend and defends her when her talents were questioned. They are cooperative and helpful to each other.
- Plum: Cherry taught Plum how to play the drums and helped her overcome stage fright. The two work closely together since their careers are similar.
- Huckleberry: Huck and Cherry wrote a song together for Blueberry in "Partners in Crime". In "The Berry Lucky Day", they both got luck from the same charm, but finally realized that their luck actually comes from their abilities. They split the charm as a reminder of what they learned and as a sign of their friendship.
- Cinnapup: A cute Dalmatian Cherry adopts in Season 3, whom she dearly loves and often spends time with.
- Sweet and Sour Grapes: They sometimes are seen together.
- Apple: Cherry and Apple are good friends.
- "You know? The stars shine much brighter here than in Berry Big City."
- "I lost my good luck charm bracelet, I...I have to find it."
- "I said show time.. Not dig time! (Cinnapup continues digging) This will not win any ribbons".
- "I'VE CREATED A MUSICAL MONSTER!!!"
- "I can't work on my next song while I'm listening to my last song!"
- (When Strawberry mentioned Blueberry's predicament): "What's a predicament?"
- "# La-la-la-a... # Wait, better make sure." (Checks pockets) "Did I forget it?" (Looks through bus) "My charm's gone! I have to find it! I have to find it!"
- She is bi-ethnic and the tallest member of the Berry Girls.
- She is the third pink-themed girl, following Strawberry and Raspberry.
- Her icon is a reference to the "Cherry Blossom" (or Sakura flower) which is also said to be her scent.
- This may be a reference to fan opinions that she might be Asian.
- She is the only Berry Girl to wear socks that lack the white striping everyone else has.
- It was revealed that during the development stages, Cherry was going to be a veterinarian or an avid gardener.
- Her favorite flowers are buttercups, her favorite fruit is the tangerine, and her favorite vegetable is the snap pea.
- She is the second character to have a different singing voice, this being Victoria Duffield, alongside Strawberry.
- Ironically, her voice actress is a singer, and sings for G4 Pinkie Pie.
- This makes her the third Berry Girl associated with Pinkie Pie in some form.
- Cherry's voice actress also voiced Lemon Zest from My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Friendship Games.
- She is the third character to normally wear a headband, alongside Blueberry and Raspberry.
- She is a completely original character to the universe of Strawberry Shortcake, being exclusive to the Berry Bitty City series. She was not based on Cherry Cuddler from the original series, but she does share several traits with Crepe Suzette from the second series.
- She has a faint southern drawl when she speaks.
- In "Starlight, Star Bright" it is revealed she's left-handed.
- "Dance Puppy Dance" is the first and only episode where Cherry was shown to react angrily.
- She is one of the two Berry girls, alongside Sour, who has two vehicles: a scooter ("The Mystery of the Disappearing Dog Show") and the tour bus.
- She is a guitarist and pianist.
- In Season 2, she plays a guitar regularly, but in Season 3 she plays both alternatively. In Season 4 she plays the piano only.
- She also owns two guitars: a pale pink one with a green neck and cherry sticker for casual use, and a white, purple, and pink star-shaped one for performances.
- She and Strawberry are the only Berry girls who played music on a regular basis.