A curious Jack Russell Terrier with a lot of personality, Pupcake is very affectionate. Sometimes he can get himself into trouble, with or without his best friend Custard. He always tries to help out with anything, even if it is just licking up a spill.
A small Jack Russell Terrier, only an inch or so bigger than Custard. He is mostly white; his ears, tail, eyebrows and a big spot on his back are green. He has a green strawberry shaped patch around his right eye. The inside coloring of his ear consists of green and white stripes.
Around his neck he wears a pink collar with a strawberry tag attached to it, or sometimes a heart tag.
- Pupcake's name is a combination of Pup/Puppy, and Cupcake.
- Unlike the puppies belonging to the other main characters, Pupcake's color scheme isn't completely similar to Strawberry's.
- Pupcake is believed to be a Jack Russell Terrier.
- Pupcake is named after the original dog belonging to Huckleberry in the earlier Strawberry Shortcake series. While his green coloring was taken from that version, his white body was taken from the first series remake.
- Pupcake and Custard are the only pets who appear in all four seasons.
- Pupcake appears occasionally on the first two seasons. On season 3 he appears often. On season 4 he appears only in the last two episodes.
- Pupcake made his first appearance on "Sky's the Limit", what made him the second pet to be introduced on the show, following Custard.